Backup not working

Thank you @netbox for your detailed description of your bug.
Sorry if you run into troubles.

It seems one of the recent updates has caused some troubles and youā€™re not alone.
It has nothing to do with the backup helper though - different bug than the OP

Iā€™ve put this as a highest priority bug to investigate and fix in the next sprint.
https://www.notion.so/worldbrain/d344dca44afc4ae9a796bda309f59795

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Because I had done a little organizing work before realizing that I couldnā€™t back up, could you ensure that any update to the extension can be re-installed over the eisting extension, so that I donā€™t lose my data?

If that cannot be done via the Chrome store, what about providing the update via this site, or github, to download and install over the top?

Besides this, thanks for prioritizing the bug and I await further news on this thread!

My backup still isnā€™t working, FYI. Looks like it hasnā€™t for two months.

Hey Sam!

sorry to hear.
Are you interested to jump on a short call with me and figure out whatā€™s going wrong?

Hello all, unfortunately the backup does not work in my case either. I hope the screenshot shows the problem.
Browser: Brave beta 1.19.74

I think I know what the problem is. Did you recently save a very large PDF or webpage?

Unfortunately, I canā€™t say for sure, but itā€™s likely. I save web pages almost daily, PDF less often, but that happens too.

I canā€™t get the backup downloader to work. Brave browser, shields down or up, nada. Mac MBP M1.

You need to move it into the application folder first. Did you do that?

2 Likes

The mac app quits unexpectedly. So, i looked at itā€™s source code, noticed that there was almost nothing to it once you stripped out the UI related code. Ported the guts to a mini local web server written in Raku that replicated all the same endpoints.

The /status endpoint gets called, and the /backup/location gets called, and then it goes to the Backup in progress page, and (as far as i can tell) never reaches out to my server again. I see nothing in the network tab of the firefox inspector and thereā€™s no logged request in my server.

holler if you want the coredump from the crashed app. Iā€™m going to assume itā€™s not that valuable given that this is a node app.