Why do you use Memex?

Where is Memex really helping you?
What are the workflows you use it for?
What do you want to achieve?

I use Memex as my personal knowledge base. Every day I read articles from sources like Stratechery, First Found Review, Meldium, personal research.

I add highlights and insight notes to any of these high quality articles that I read online. This allows me to

1. Read them more thoughtfully and recap what takeaways I learned immediately after reading the article

2. Save these high quality articles with labels to allow me to search by key topics in the future and quickly see major learnings / insights highlighted on them

Having notes and highlights make it easy to see what each link is really about and more easily decide if I want to re-read any particular page.

I use Memex for my daily web research as a kind of “health insurance” to not to much organisation but still find almost anything again.

I myself am not the most structured person when it comes to organising information. I was/am a really bad at bookmarking or taking notes because I couldn’t keep track of the mess of information scattered across silos and the copy-paste work involved to keep track of everything. So I was not doing any organisation after a while.

The second feature I use a lot is the annotations to mark things in articles I read, however I am hoping for a better editor (much like the live-markdown of Notion.so) and the ability to more easily connect other search results (pages, annotations) that are related, so I can organise my contextual knowledge better.

1 Like

+100, I also struggle in my life with ways to “organise my contextual knowledge better.” without the need to “keep track of the mess of information scattered across silos and the copy-paste work involved to keep track of everything”