Trouble with back up. bug?

Hi

I am new to memex (btw, great product!) and did my first back up yesterday (evening). All worked well and got my back in a few seconds.

Today I added more bookmarks and wanted to do another manual backup but I am facing some difficulties. it took too long so I cancelled the backup, then I restarted Firefox (latest version for MacOS) but that did not help. After that I restarted my macbook (Catalina latest version) but that did not help either. It keeps on saying backup in progress. step 1 is sometimes running, sometimes showing done and step 2 is clearly stuck at 0% and the only message that i get is “finishing current batch”

AFAIK the only difference between yesterday and today is that yesterday I was using memex 2.17.2 and I think that today I got 2.17.3 (btw, I think that this upgrade reset my Inbox counter. is this possible?)

what shall I try next?
Raul
PS: I downloaded the memex backup app yesterday and it seems to work fine in my machine. it is open and i can see the backup folder/location (with yesterday’s backup)

Thanks Raul for coming here and your thoughtful bug report.

These are indeed odd bugs.
Are you down to hop on a 15min call with me sometimes in the coming days to do bug hunting?
You can find a time here: calendly.com/worldbrain

If calls are not your thing we can also do it async here, but will likely take longer to get it fixed/understood.

Thanks Oliver. Talk to you in a few days.

Facing the same issue. Step 1 is completed, stuck at 0% on step 2 and on pressing cancel, it says Finishing current batch and stays like that indefinitely.

@FlashBlaze

Do you know how to open the background console of Memex? Maybe we find some clues there.
Depends on the system you’re using. Firefox or Chrome/Brave?

@BlackForestBoi

I’ve attached the recording with the Browser Console open. I’m using the latest version of Firefox Developer edition (89.0b12). Video link: https://imgur.com/a/88AhUpI

AFAIK the only difference between yesterday and today is that yesterday I was using memex 2.17.2 and I think that today I got 2.17.3 (btw, I think that this upgrade reset my Inbox counter. is this possible?)

Indeed we found a bug where a data migration of “Saved on Mobile” collection IDs went wrong and removed items from the inbox. They are now all in “Saved on Mobile”.
Unfortunately its a non-reversable change - we’re really sorry about that and already have started a retrospection process so that such a mistake will not happen again.
Fix is already up with 2.18.0