To get your bug fixed faster please try to answer the following questions:
- Which browser, operating system and versions of those are you using?
Brave 1.7.98 and Chrome 83.0.41* on MacOS 10.14.5
- What are the steps you took that lead to the bug?
- Install Memex extension in both browsers
- Log into Memex in both browsers
- (Monthly subscription active.)
- Use Brave to browse web and make annotations.
- Switch to Chrome and check Dashboard/Pages: the activities from Brave do not show up
- Hit sync in Brave, then hit sync in Chrome. It does not make a difference.
Expectation: If logged into Memex in a browser on any device/computer I’d expect “Memex content” to show up.
If that should not be possible since “Memex content” is not stored in the cloud but locally on a computer, I’d at least expect it to be available across browsers on the same computer.
I’m using different browsers on the same computer all the time. There are several reasons for that, eg. some websites are optimized for certain browsers, some browsers allow to blog tracking/apps more easily.
And over a longer period of time browsers might evolve in the wrong direction so I want to be able to move on/switch w/o losing “Memex content”, e.g. first Safari was great on the Mac, then Chrome was the best browser, then Brave was less resource hungry, now Firefox is making promising progress and I might switch yet again…