Suddenly the data removed of memx

To get your bug fixed faster please try to answer the following questions:

1. Which browser, operating system and versions of those are you using?
    windows 7 , brave
  2. What are the steps you took that lead to the bug?
    I don’t know, when i try to search for page i can’t found it and then check the old info there is wasn’t data
    or maybe after removing battery or something like that maintenance pc (if possible)
    or maybe opened the same browser in same time with different versions
    so how to debug or check if there is data can recovery it or there is the wrong …
    even if require recovery specific folder
    Thanks

Hey @zozo! Welcome to the community, even if it is under these circumstances, sorry :frowning:

Let’s try to fix this together.

or maybe opened the same browser in same time with different versions

What do you mean by that?

Did you change the hard drive, or ran out storage recently?
Did you uninstall the extension and reinstall it?

How much data did you lose?

I mean different version of the same browser, installed in different location in pc that open both in the same time
Did you change the hard drive, or ran out storage recently?
no but in the red zone of running out of storage space
Did you uninstall the extension and reinstall it?
no
How much data did you lose?
all
thanks

so any way to debug and found out what happend?

Sorry @zozo I have missed your last message!

no but in the red zone of running out of storage space

Unfortunately the browsers are sometimes unreliable with keeping the storage. They start deleting things if people get into the “red” zone. We show a notification for people to be aware of this in time.
Have you seen that?

However, its not acceptable. That is why we are in the process of moving everything to StorexHub, which is a local application running on your local OS.

installed in different location in pc that open both in the same time

Just to note: Memex does not sync between computers/browsers yet, just between phone and desktop.

are there place possible to restore deleted data/files to restore it?

I unfortunately don’t know. We haven’t found indication that it does so when deleting those files. Maybe if you have a system backup (like TimeMachine on mac) then it would.

The Storex work is coming along faster than we thought. Next milestone after this one will be to get the search and indexing “backend” outside of the browser. More search performance and features (e.g. fuzzy search) are then possible. But most importantly data is not arbitrarily deleted anymore.

It will still take a couple of weeks to get there.
Until then, remember backing up your data regularly.