[SOLVED] "requested database object could not be found"

So I see this error message when I try and tag pages

E.g. this screenshot was taken from when I pressed ā€˜tā€™ to tag a page, and selected the tag. It also happens when I create a new tag.

Iā€™m using firefox on MacOS

Georgia

Okay so any answers on this? Iā€™ve been using Memex a lot, mainly with tagsā€¦ itā€™s awkward not being able to tag stuff for work anymore

If it helps the error Iā€™m now getting is ā€œr.Dixie is not definedā€

hey @geoiac,

Sorry have answered this one in a separate thread.
There were actually 2 bugs hidden, we fixed the first one with 1.5.1 and are in this very moment in the mode of fixing the second.

By tonight or latest tomorrow a fix will go out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This should be solved with 1.5.2. :tada:

Still happening for me with extension 1.5.3 in FF 72.0.2 on OSX 10.15.2. Unable to categorize or tag anything new.

Also keep getting a notification from the extension that disk space is low and I might start losing data but there is > 150GB free. Assuming this has to do with FF localstorage limits and eviction policy; why not request the ā€œunlimitedStorageā€ perm?

@tautologistics

I think you are running into a different problem. In your case the quota of data is exceeded.
We do ask for ā€œunlimitedStorageā€, however Firefox does not fully adhere to this specification.
Their implementation allows for up to 2GB of data to be stored per extension/domain-origin.

Itā€™s a real bummer and we donā€™t have a solution yet. We already disabled the screenshots on Firefox to make sure people donā€™t use too much data, so 2GB should last for very long (roughly 2 years).
Iā€™ll check in with our devs and ask for a command you can run to delete all your screenshots, that should free up some space again.

Yup, just checked and the extension storage has a 1.1GB sqlite file and the ā€œ.filesā€ dir is 900MB.

I have not been using the extension for anything close to a yearso I am wondering if thumbnails created before you disabled them in FF are still there. Is there a way to purge existing thumbnails? Also, is there a way purge indexed content that does not have references (i.e. tags, notes, stars, etc.)?

Figured Iā€™d ask before digging into the sqlite DB directlyā€¦

@BlackForestBoi thank you so much ā€“ sorry for late reply, I was away. It all works again now :slight_smile:

I have a similar problem since a few days with a message stating ā€œLow storage space. Data might be deleted. Click to backup & free space.ā€ I assume itā€™s also because Iā€™m hitting the 2GB hard limit in Firefox.

• Where do I find the info on how much space has been used by Memex in FF?
  • Where can I delete screenshots to make room? (Not that I want to ā€¦)
  • Anything else I can do?

Thanks!